Converting Wiper Motor from LHD to RHD

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rich54 Richard Statham
Birmingham, West Midlands, UK   GBR
My BJ8 was converted to RHD when it was imported from the USA but the wiper motor was not included. I have now obtained the correct wiper arms but need some advice on how to change the parking position. I believe the BJ8 has a different Lucas wiper motor to earlier cars. Has anyone any experience of doing this?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hipo528 Avatar
hipo528 larry ingram
easley, SC, USA   USA
you might wish to pose that question on the british v8 forum. some of those guys are quite resourceful in providing answers or solutions to these type questions. i was able to find a proper wiring solution to adding two speed wiper motor to my bn6 using a different motor and mounting on the passenger side. several discussions regarding the parking pf the wipers.

Lola57 Eddie G
Leicester, Leicestershire, UK   GBR
It’s very straightforward you just need to move the limit switch180degrees, if you have a manual it is section N15

Eddie

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rich54 Richard Statham
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look there if I can't use Lola57's suggestion

Rich54 Richard Statham
Thanks Eddie, the manual doesn't give much detail so I'll have to remove the motor and its cover to see if it's as simple as you suggest! I'm also changing to negative earth so will be swapping the connections over too - I know many guys say you don't need to bother changing the connections but I have also read on one post that although the motor will happily run in reverse, there is no thrust bearing at the new thrust face.

Lola57 Eddie G
Leicester, Leicestershire, UK   GBR
Good thought about the connections, I am converting mine to negative earth but haven’t changed the connections so will be interested to hear what you find. It would be easy to do at present as the dashboard is not in yet.

Thanks
Eddie

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links