Paint for Brake Drums

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Crowbar Greg Chronowski
Katy, TX, USA   USA
Does anyone know of a good source for the silver paint for the brake drums on a BN1? The original paint looks like it was applied with a brush...I'm assuming a high heat product is advisable.

I know Moss sells a rattle can of silver "wire wheel/brake" paint...does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Is it a good match? What primer?

I need to paint the left front drum because it became discolored after the drum was heated by a dragging brake shoe (cause still unknown...it has resolved). I imagine I should probably media blast the drum prior to priming and painting...I'm hoping that the drum hasn't warped as new front drums don't appear to be available.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

GC

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
NaDaDawgRacer John Jones
Waxhaw, NC, USA   USA
I use silver "header" paint in a rattle can for both drums and calipers. Available at all auto parts stores. Color is not bright shiny and it holds up to the heat of the brakes.
John

Bn2l228266 Raymond Mccleery
Denver, CO, USA   USA
I painted mine with Bill Hirsh miracle paint. Has held up well, and matches my new wheels perfectly

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links