AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

thodav Avatar
thodav Thomas Davis
Owings Mills, MD, USA   USA
Hello-
Can anyone give me a brand name and specific color code that will exactly match the spruce green used in 1955 for BN1 Healeys? I recently struggled to match ‘Miami Blue’ for my 1955 Plymouth Savoy. I had the factory color code but with the newer brands and technologically advanced materials it’s sometimes difficult to match 1950s colors. Any help would be appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 199063 by thodav Hello-
Can anyone give me a brand name and specific color code that will exactly match the spruce green used in 1955 for BN1 Healeys? I recently struggled to match ‘Miami Blue’ for my 1955 Plymouth Savoy. I had the factory color code but with the newer brands and technologically advanced materials it’s sometimes difficult to match 1950s colors. Any help would be appreciated.

This might be helpful, http://www.ahexp.com/article/bmc-paint.html

I suggest you source a color chart like above, I see them on Ebay all the time and have your preferrence paint supplier match the color in a modern automitve coating system.

BobAH100 Bob Markovich
Patterson, NY, USA   USA
Agate Green PPG # 47198 is as close a match as I could get to original Spruce Green for my '53 100. It's obviously non-metallic, really kind of a medium-tone pea/army green that was, to my eye, the closest to an original color chip. It's readily available as well!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1957 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links