Side exit exhaust pipe on a 100/4

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Qldelsie Silver Member Giles Cooper
Benowa, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Yes Alwyn, your photos have helped me know where to put everything. Many thanks. Now, unless someone needs a LHD tonneau, we have to convert ours to RHD ! If anyone wants a LHD tonneau, let me know !!
Giles

https://austin-healeypekingtoparis2019.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/austin.healey.73113?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Trevor Parker Avatar
Trevor Parker Silver Member Trevor Parker W
Sidney, BC, Canada   CAN
1954 Austin-Healey 100 "Healey Beep Beep"
1955 Austin-Healey 100
I tried the side exhaust as well but went back to a tailpipe. He didn't sound is nice and it was too loud. It did not improve the ground clearance. Cheers Trevor

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, UK   GBR
Hi,
I rally my 100/4 and fitted the side exhaust as the rear box keep grounding due to its rear overhang on a low car. That said you still need an under guard on the side exhaust. Re heat the side exhaust makes it hotter in the cockpit, another large piece of hot metal under the cockpit. If you are not competitively using the car I would stick with a rear exhaust. However for more go the very large bore side exhaust does help with tuning but you need to put a scallop in the forward chassis side rail support, and I would also recommend a shaped hole for the side pipe in the sill.
Regards
Jeff H

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links