AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Weber carbs on a 100
  This topic is about my 1956 Austin-Healey 100
Graham3647 Avatar
Graham3647 Graham Carpenter
Hereford, Herefordshire, UK   GBR
Hello,

Has anyone out there ever installed a twin choke Weber carb on a Healey 100? Do any of the regular parts suppliers
manufacture a kit?

I am told by so called experts that this would be a much better route than increasing the size of the SU carbs. I’m not an expert though! So any advise would be most welcome.....
Cheers,
Graham.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Guido36 Guy C
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
Graham

The only Weber equipped Healey 100 I know of is a BN2 built with a race prepped engine by Bob Gregg in California. It has a single 45DCOE on what appears to be a fabricted intake. The car now resides in Jamaica. Here is a link when it was for sale. There is only on photo of the engine but it may give you an idea.

Guy

http://www.mjcclassiccars.com/1955-austin-healey-a100-bn2/

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DTDuck Avatar
DTDuck Dan Marshall
Redwood City, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 200570 by Graham3647 Hello,

Has anyone out there ever installed a twin choke Weber carb on a Healey 100? Do any of the regular parts suppliers
manufacture a kit?

I am told by so called experts that this would be a much better route than increasing the size of the SU carbs. I’m not an expert though! So any advise would be most welcome.....
Cheers,
Graham.
Don't know if anyone offers the manifold for it, however I can tell you from my experience being involved with racing Mini's that the exceptionally long length they had to make the tubes for each side made this idea less than ideal.

The solution was to go with "Split Webers" see attached.
This involves a custom manifold (Much shorter and straighter) and of course making a custom linkage, oh and of course you have to buy two Webbers to do it and then modify them. So it can be done but it involves a lot of custom work. The manifolds to fit a Mini can be found here: https://www.7ent.com/products/intake-manifolds-split-weber-c-aht775.html
It might be possible to adapt them to fit a 100.

I would have to say that Manifolds for 1.75" and 2" SU's are readily available (2" stuff can be found here: https://www.bighealey.co.uk/fuel-3/under-the-bonnet-1004-large) and is probably the easiest and I would say best solution.

Cheers,
Dan M.

Attachments:
SplitWebbers.jpg    73.7 KB
SplitWebbers.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links