Chassis dimension advice required

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Oilyhughes Nigel Hughes
High Wycombe, UK   GBR
Hello. I am a new member to this forum and have recently acquired a 100/4 which I am restoring.
I am struggling to obtain chassis dimensions so that I can ensure that when put back together everything is in the correct place.
Does anyone know where I might find a schematic diagram of the chassis dimensions or indeed have a copy they would be willing to share?
Thank you.
Nigel Hughes

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Funny you should asking this question , as it has been asked before by myself. The thing is you will be able to find chassis prints for a 100-6 and 3000 but the 100-4 IS NOT so easy. I am in the processes of putting a print together using my own chassis. I'm about half done with it. Is there any info you need right now?

Oilyhughes Nigel Hughes
High Wycombe, UK   GBR
Just needed some reference points on the diagonal measurements as I suspect that my car has had front end damage at some point and been badly repaired many thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
If you can be more specific, I can go outside tonight and get some measurements for you.

Luegolover Avatar
Luegolover Steve L
London, London, UK   GBR
Hello Nigel,

I live in Winchmore Hill, London N21 and have a chassis that I have put together which you are welcome to come and look at, measure and photograph if you want? I can't promise for complete accuracy as I made it from a bare chassis myself. I do have some measurements and drawings for the chassis which you could look at as well.

Send me a PM if interested.

Oilyhughes Nigel Hughes
High Wycombe, UK   GBR
No need to rush out. Will try and give you a clue as to the dims I need when I have more time to give it my full attention. But much appreciated.

Oilyhughes Nigel Hughes
High Wycombe, UK   GBR
Thank you very much that’s most kind. I will certainly be in touch if I need you to do that. Would love to come and have a look at your car on a nice day when I can get my motorcycle out.

TonyR Tony Robinson
Carnforth, Silverdale, UK   GBR
Message sent,

Tony

AlasCrag A Campbell
ABERFELDY, PERTHSHIRE, UK   GBR
You will find Larry Varley's Restoration site - http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/ - well worth looking at. I was looking at the front end of my '53 and received this reply from Larry Varley:-

"There is no factory BN1 chassis drawing that I have ever seen. Many sites have copied the original drawing from my website, I can tell as I spent many hours making it readable! The drawing on my site is for the BN4 to BJ7. The only real difference for you to be concerned with is that the BN1 is 2 inches shorter. All of the front of the chassis is the same. So you can do your front chassis repairs based on the drawing."

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Also the rear spring perches are in a different place . They are centered, front to back on the rear cross member.

jmacnz Avatar
jmacnz John McEnallay
Pukehina, New Zealand   NZL
HI

This site in Oz has a image of the original chassis, plus a lot of useful restoration tips. http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/

jmacnz

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Yes ..tons of information but no real info on the 100-4 chassis.

jmacnz Avatar
jmacnz John McEnallay
Pukehina, New Zealand   NZL
Try this page http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/healeydraw.html there are both body and chassis details?

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Its like i said ....lots of info but very little for the 100-4 . The 1 print that is there has no info for a chassis, except maybe the wheelbase

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links