AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jmmarch Avatar
jmmarch Silver Member Mike March
Winchester, VA, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1976 MG Midget 1500 ~ For Sale ! ~
Found this jack at a junk store but...no handle. Can anyone share a photo of the correct handle.
I'm sure I'll never find one but may be able to fabricate something that will work.
Thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Jack 1.jpg    43.8 KB
Jack 1.jpg

bluecatmodels Avatar
bluecatmodels Silver Member Dave W
Three Rivers, CA, USA   USA
Hi Mike,

"vintage shelley 2 piece jack handle" google it. It's on E bay in England. I don't know if it's the right one or not.

Dave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-shelley-2-piece-jack-handle-/291709805262?hash=item43eb4262ce:g:nCcAAOSwv9hW6A1H

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-17 03:42 PM by bluecatmodels.

Vintage n Classic Avatar
Vintage n Classic Silver Member Geoff Golding
Nelson, Tasman, New Zealand   NZL
Mike,

The jack you have come upon looks like a Shelley LJ 21 which was the correct jack for most 100 series cars and early 100/6 cars. The handle on EBay is right for the jack but the wooden handle is missing. I have a little more information on Healey jacks and a photo of the handle somewhere which I'll post a little later

Cheers
Geoff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Vintage n Classic Avatar
Mike,

Further from my last posting on the subject.............there is a website which will save me a lot of explanation and give you the full story............Go to www.classic-british-car-jacks.uk................There are pages of different jacks and on page 3,4 or may be 5 you will see the details your require.

Good browsing and hopefully this is the solution to your question.

Cheers
Geoff

OaklandJake John Close
Mt Vernon, WA, USA   USA
Just for Grins - Ever tried to find a Shelley Jack Handle? Like trying to find a lost sock. Where do they go? Going to see if I can get a 1/2" socket speed wrench to work, maybe with a little nudge from my grinder. After I do that, the correct handle will present itself. Life works that way - Jake

RichBN6 Richard Wetjen
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
I've got a 7DL for my BN6 that's also missing the handle. Been looking for 8 months. No luck yet. If I haven't found one by the time I complete the restoration (next Summer, maybe, I hope) I'm going to take a shot at fabricating my own.

Vintage n Classic Avatar
Richard,

Suggest you go to http://www.classic-british-car-jacks.uk/shelley_jacks_2.htm You'll get all the information you require on the correct jack for your car

Cheers
Geoff.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links