Anyone know David Brayshaw ?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Qldelsie Silver Member Giles Cooper
Benowa, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Does any one in England (or anywhere else) happen to know David Brayshaw, or how to contact him ? In 1996/1997 he and Nawal Saighal drove Nawal's 1960 Healey 100/6 from London to Beijing. In his fascinating book, he doesn't get into too much detail about the problems that beset them, instead saying in more general terms 'We had suspension problems", or "the exhaust got knocked off yet again".
One major item he refers to several times is "problems with the rear dampers", but no where in the book (that I could find) does he say what these problems were.
Given our planned journey going on a similar route (albeit in the the opposite direction ) next year in our 100/4, we would dearly like to know from David or Nawal what specific problems they had with the dampers so that we can take appropriate precautions if possible. Those who are following our blog will know that we have done quite a lot to our dampers, but we would love to hear the details of David and Nawal's problems if possible.
I wrote to the Publisher of their book, but was advised that they have passed the rights for this book on to a new publisher, and didn't provide any further details.
So.......If any one knows of David or Nawal, and could either pass on my message or put them in contact with us, Ashton and I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Giles

https://austin-healeypekingtoparis2019.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/austin.healey.73113?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1814.jpg    77 KB
IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg    50.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
healeyguy Avatar
healeyguy steve pike
melbourne, Australia   AUS
You you find David on FB,
I called to see him 2 years ago when he owned
ahS 3502
Steve pike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links