AHExp

The 100-Six Forum

Throttle linkage ball joint springs needed...

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
1955 MG TF
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Brutus"
Hello to the group.

I have a Longbridge 100-6. The throttle linkage is original to the car and very solid. One of the springs inside one of the ball joints has failed and those are not available from the regular suppliers. Yes, I know there are new ones, but this car is all original and my ball joints are tight and look better than the new ones that are available.

If you traded out your originals for the new ones and would be willing to sell your old parts, or just a spring, I am a buyer. Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1461.jpg    54.2 KB
IMG_1461.jpg

RichBN6 Richard Wetjen
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
I have a Longbridge engine that may have what you need. No guarantees, the engine has been out in the weather for years. I'll check tomorrow and let you know if there's anything viable.

RichBN6 Richard Wetjen
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
Checked the engine today and no linkage left on it. Used to be there but apparently grew legs.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
1955 MG TF
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Brutus"
Hello all -

Problem solved! Purchased a used heater tap to replace mine with a broken handle. It had a spring that fit perfectly in my ball joint so 2 problems solve in one $20 ebay purchase. Thanks for the input - things like this never happen to me!! Best to all.

D

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links