AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

remove steering wheel
  This topic is about my 1959 Austin-Healey 100-Six
Firenze, firenze, Italy   ITA
1959 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Bambina"
hello to all I have to replace the old steering wheel with a motolita. I wanted to know if when I pull the short tube away I just have to remove the clip and then the steering wheel is free. Thank you all

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jack T Avatar
Greensburg, PA, USA   USA
Stefano,

To replace the steering wheel you will have to remove the trafficator with its wiring. Then the wheel will come off when the clip is removed.

Jack

RichBN6 Richard Wetjen
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
Depends, adjustable or non-adjustable wheel? I have one of each. The adjustable was easy as described above. The non-adjustable not so much. It's the same up to remove the clip and the wheel comes off. The non-adjustable is secured with a nut to the steering shaft. That came off easily but the wheel itself was stuck on the shaft but good. I had to cobble together a puller and crank on it with a large breaker bar to remove the wheel. It will be going back on with a liberal dose of anti-seize.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 202357 by stefano rosati hello to all I have to replace the old steering wheel with a motolita. I wanted to know if when I pull the short tube away I just have to remove the clip and then the steering wheel is free. Thank you all

The Moto-Lita is a great complement to the big Healey's interior.

Attachments:
Interior '57 100-6MM .jpg    53.6 KB
Interior '57 100-6MM .jpg

Firenze, firenze, Italy   ITA
1959 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Bambina"
Thanks to everyone, my steering wheel is of the adjustable type. Disconnecting the wires is challenging, but I have already done so. So it's about removing the clip that I think I can do with an awl. Thanks again regards Stefano

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links