Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jim Gruber Avatar
Dayton, OH, USA   USA
Jerry,
Looking good but i’d Still add some outrigger bracing to ensure both ends of the T stay parallel to one another. As you move the rotisserie outside to do some of those nasty jobs the rotisserie will try and twist on you as you try to move and turn it. And the center of the rotisserie is your BE. 4 10’ pieces of 1” electrical conduit will do it. Through bolt the conduit, or at least drill through one side so the set screw can go into a hole and cannot come apart. BTDT

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sherr20 Avatar
Sherr20 Gold Member Jerry S
Belton, TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 200616 by Jim Gruber Jerry,
Looking good but i’d Still add some outrigger bracing to ensure both ends of the T stay parallel to one another. As you move the rotisserie outside to do some of those nasty jobs the rotisserie will try and twist on you as you try to move and turn it. And the center of the rotisserie is your BE. 4 10’ pieces of 1” electrical conduit will do it. Through bolt the conduit, or at least drill through one side so the set screw can go into a hole and cannot come apart. BTDT

Jim,

Do you mean like where I put the yellow line?

Attachments:
IMG_3527.JPG    90.9 KB
IMG_3527.JPG

Jim Gruber Avatar
Dayton, OH, USA   USA
No at the very ends of the on the engine stand. You end up with one main brace in the center and 2 small pieces of conduit or it could be a 12' piece of 2 x 2 attached to the end of each engine stand. Mount on the bottom. You add a tremendous amount to structural rigidity aqnd body will not get bent or twisted. Mounting something low and at the outboard end will not interfere with rotation. See second picture for how I did it. Electrical conduit works fine but it only comes in 10' lengths. A couple is used to attach two pieces together with a set screw holding things in place. Put coupler on both end and with your drill, drill a small hole through the coupler so the set screw changes from a friction fit to an interference fit and screw can turn fully in and tighten. Both pieces of conduit are now locked together and will not come apart.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2584.JPG    58.6 KB
IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG    62.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
BlueMax1 Avatar
BlueMax1 A G
?, ?, USA   USA
Looks good, you'll have no issues, it's plenty strong just as it sits now! If you plan to paint car on rotisserie, you'll want the attachments in a location that won't interfere with or minimize the application of paint. Also it you have major structural welding, car needs to be on a flat steel table or I beams to keep it's dimensional integrity.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links