Reinstalling the engine

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jameshodges James Hodges/A
Purcellville, VA, USA   USA
Shouldn't be that hard. The right side mount has a nut on loosely on the bolt. Getting the two bolts on the left just hasn't been successful. The trans is attached. Not much wiggle room. Tips? Using a hoist and my taking time.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
James,
Slotting the mounts is a common way to make this job easier.
Rut
https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,2675818

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Remove the 3 bolts fastening the engine mount bracket to the chassis on the left. Bolt the engine mount to the bracket and to the engine plate. Get everything lined up and bolt the bracket to the chassis.

In reply to # 201561 by jameshodges Shouldn't be that hard. The right side mount has a nut on loosely on the bolt. Getting the two bolts on the left just hasn't been successful. The trans is attached. Not much wiggle room. Tips? Using a hoist and my taking time.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, CO, USA   USA
Implied but not stated.. Have the DS mount and bracket attached (loosely) to the frame, attach the PS to the engine (as stated) lower engine in, attach DS mount to front engine plate (loosely), work PS bracket into place and bolt in, tighten all nuts and bolts, you're in.

'58 Bugeye
'66 'Stang

jonbok Avatar
jonbok Silver Member Jon Bok
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
This is kind of timely. Just today I struggled for about an hour with that driver’s side mount. I took it off and did the notch trick (thanks, Rut) and it slid right in. I did not cut it all the way through to the top, though, I just elongated the hole. I did not want to comprimise the integrity of the mount.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links