Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

spritecrazy Avatar
spritecrazy Alan Mcgrevy
Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA   USA
Installed a stainless steel roll bar from a mazda miata, looks kinda cool but of a job but pleased with it. More for looks really. Also put 2012 Mazda miata leather seats in the car very comfortable i must say bit of a pain getting the unwanted rail off the bottom so it fits , but still has recline and forward adjustment. Didnt want to spend $2000 for new sprite seats old ones were totally rotted out . Found these in amazing condition at a salvage yard in yuma for $350 pair.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
spritecrazy Avatar
spritecrazy Alan Mcgrevy
Thanks Dave , I managed to finally get doors back together quite the job. Just put in seat belts and a neat stainless two loop roll bar from a mazda miata looks nice , more for looks really.
Alan

66Sprite Avatar
66Sprite David R
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
After hours of scraping and wire brushing and some body repair work I took my car off to be painted - a big day in the project.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5279.JPG    67.2 KB
IMG_5279.JPG

rhodyspit75 Avatar
rhodyspit75 Ernie Connor
Cumberland, RI, USA   USA
Dropped the 1275 and rib case trans in.

Attachments:
912C631E-BFCC-4E70-AB4B-F9ADE6DCA1CB.jpeg    63.1 KB
912C631E-BFCC-4E70-AB4B-F9ADE6DCA1CB.jpeg

Hemidavey Dave Rudziensky
Grosse Isle, MI, USA   USA
Car has been sitting a while, seeping fuel when I got her home. Today I went crazy...

Attachments:
image.jpg    47.3 KB
image.jpg

refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
the finger smiley

Attachments:
FullSizeRender.jpg    68.7 KB
FullSizeRender.jpg

Lil MK 4 Avatar
Lil MK 4 Dennis Mattson
Henderson, NV, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "65 Monza Vert - In Restoration"
1966 Chevrolet Corvair "Monza Coupe - Rare Factory AC"
1968 Austin-Healey Sprite "The Go-Kart"
2001 Ford Mustang "BULLITT #4068"    & more
Got a new restored steering wheel, and turn/horn switch.. and all new dash switches..

SO... I ripped the dash apart, too, all gauges out......... painted the chrome bezel flat black on my new switches. then satin coated them... The steering column cowl, I spent hours on with my Micromesh wet sanding kit all the way to 6000 grit.... then rubbing compound, polish, wax.... WOW.. it's like a mirror.. all scratches gone by the ignition switch too... =)

Made a red/black battery tray.. and fashioned a battery hold down out of 2 closet wire shelf supports i painted black and satin coated, and a strip of nerf strip front door weather strip I painted with red vinyl coating..

I'm doing my engine bay in red, satin black, silver, and aluminum sheet metal.. MAYBE I'll have parts of it body color, still debating... that, and the engine's color... Also found online, these really cool clear coolant lines I'll get down the road.. and the hoses along the inner fender for the oil cooler, I'll either have clear, or copper pipes running up.... YES, I have this INSANE plan for my car... Granted.. It'll be Unique alright... :0)

Buying all the emission system parts too... I thought it'd be impossible... but have been finding parts all over...

MA MONEY PIT !!!!

Attachments:
DSC02675.JPG    25 KB
DSC02675.JPG

DSC02676.JPG    29.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC02472.JPG    39.1 KB
MODS.jpg    61 KB
Hemidavey Dave Rudziensky
Grosse Isle, MI, USA   USA
Polished the carb parts and repaired front brakes, rears looked great.

Attachments:
image.jpg    69.3 KB
image.jpg

spritecrazy Avatar
spritecrazy Alan Mcgrevy
Spent a few more hours on Bazil ( car nickname as number plate starts with BZL)1968 sprite. Took the dual brake system brass valve gizmo off that all brake pipes go to on fender wall and took out the pressure switch and small piston inside. Bit of a job to get it out and good job as rubber seals were in bits and stuck to walls. Got a new piston and o rings from Moss and reinstalled it , so hope thats one more issue not to be concerned about. Only problem is finding a terminal connector that fits the two small prongs in the new switch which is also new, one on the car was destroyed by previous owner. Tried Moss but they dont sell such an electrical connector to crimp to the wire said it only is availlable on a full new wire loom. Said do a mac-giver and make one. Still not sure how it actually sends a signal as theirs only one wire connected to both prongs and switch is plastic.
Also installed a new pressure regulator filter just prior to two brand new shinny su carbs looks nice. Still a few weeks away from start up.
Attatched couple of pics so far.
Sorry put this on wrong thread first time

Attachments:
DSCF3957.JPG    39.9 KB
DSCF3957.JPG

DSCF3956.JPG    35.4 KB
hcallaway Holt C
Moseley, VA, USA   USA
rhodyspit75 Avatar
rhodyspit75 Ernie Connor
Cumberland, RI, USA   USA
It’s out of the garage and into the sunlight for the first time in a long time. Took it for a ride around the neighborhood this afternoon.

Attachments:
BAA8D830-7FBC-4721-B882-AEB5E537D2B6.jpeg    86.9 KB
BAA8D830-7FBC-4721-B882-AEB5E537D2B6.jpeg

2FF4B11F-8540-4CF3-AF1C-444ABB71FC72.jpeg    89.2 KB
spritecrazy Avatar
spritecrazy Alan Mcgrevy
Spent a while bleeding all new brake system and clutch system. Brakes were fine , man the clutch slave cylinder is almost impossible to get at but finally managed it. Nearly ready for firing up BASIL just a few more things to do and then put some gas in it and hope it starts ok. Spent $2600 on the engine so it should be fine hard to see the timing marks though up under the car not easy to see. Cant wait to drive it. Had a lot of fun and busted knuckles restoring it though should last me a while im 72 so must enjoy it to fullest while im able.

spritecrazy Avatar
spritecrazy Alan Mcgrevy
Beautiful paint job , love the bugeyes had one 50 years ago best car i ever had. Yours sure is gonna look nice.

hcallaway Holt C
Moseley, VA, USA   USA
Finishing up the front end and steering.

Painted the steering column. Installed cloth bushings.
One of mine was missing. One on each end.

Trial fit on the dash.

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?104067-Richmond-VA-1960-Bugeye-Bringing-Miss-Eva-back-to-life

Sinecure Randy S
Bay Area, CA, USA   USA
We did this yesterday. What a fun day!

This is how we came into the wedding - my wife driving the carriage pulled by her Percheron named Jack.

Then we bugged out in the bugeye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-11 09:21 PM by Sinecure.

Attachments:
IMG_9929.jpg    89.5 KB
IMG_9929.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links